We offer a number of scholarships across a variety of study areas and we encourage you to apply if you think you might be eligible.
You should apply for scholarships at the same time as you apply for your programme of study (there’s no need to wait until you’ve been accepted into your programme). Late applications may be accepted for some scholarships.
Most semester one scholarships have closed. More Tamesa scholarships may be added - keep an eye on this page for details.
How to apply
- Step 1: Search for a scholarship from the list below, using the filter to narrow your search to the ones most relevant to you.
- Step 2: Select a scholarship to read more.
- Step 3: Check the eligibility requirements to see if you meet them.
- Step 4: Complete the application form (located on the right hand side of each scholarship page).
- Step 5: Submit your application before the closing date.
Once we’ve received your application we’ll be in touch.
You can find further scholarships and awards at , which you can access by logging in at most council libraries and schools. If you’re studying a programme relating to primary industries, there are grants and scholarships available at . If you identify as Māori or Pasifika, there are further options available through and the .
Please read the terms and conditions for Tamesa scholarships.
Personal statement – tips
- Think of your personal statement like a job application; you need to put your best foot forward and convince us that you’re the best candidate for this scholarship.
- Start by introducing yourself; what’s your background, where have you studied, what’s your recent work history and what are your interests?
- Tell us why you want to study this programme.
- Do you have any experience in this area (paid or volunteer work, study, etc)?
- Once you complete your studies, what are your intentions and career aspirations?
- What makes you a good candidate for this particular scholarship? (Be sure to read the entry criteria thoroughly and use the information here)
- How will this scholarship help you to achieve your goals?