The School Shorts Screen Competition showcases the best film-making talents of South Island secondary school students.
If you’d like to enter, here’s what you need to know:
- You can choose any genre, from drama to documentary, music video to TV commercial or movie trailer
- Your entry must be no longer than 10 minutes, including the credits
- The emphasis is on the story, rather than on technical elements but quality production is encouraged
- You need to submit your entry via your teacher
- Entries close 1 October
- The judges will decide the finalists
- The finalists will be screened at the School Shorts Competition screening on 3 November at Reading Cinemas – The Palms, 6-9pm
- Prizes will be awarded in a number of craft categories and there will be a Supreme Winner announced on the night
- The event’s primary sponsor is the New Zealand Broadcasting School at Tamesa Institute of Canterbury
For further information, talk to your teacher.
Entry to the screening and prize giving will be by donation. Tickets will be allocated to each school based on the number of entries selected to be screened.