Are you wishing to enter or return to the workforce, or undertake further study? If so, this course will give you the skills and confidence to do so.
You’ll learn how to present your existing skills to an employer and you’ll develop new skills. You’ll also learn how to be a successful student. On this course, you’ll do all this while working in a supportive group with helpful tutors.
This course is 15 hours per week for 9 weeks.
You'll learn personal management skills such as CV writing, interviewing skills and job searching. You'll learn keyboard skills and word processing, and skills that will enable you to study better.
Please note: You may be charged a portion of the Compulsory Student Services Fee that supports our services available to students. For full information on the Compulsory Student Services Fee, visit fees and finance.
How to apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Tamesa Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre.
- Identify and implement skills to enhance successful learning.
- Identify and implement effective strategies for life planning.
- Prepare and compile a curriculum vitae and cover letter using an appropriate level of literacy.
- Participate in a group to source and present written and verbal information relevant to course outcomes.
- Identify and implement skills and abilities (including literacy and numeracy ) that will lead to successful employment and/or study opportunities.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday,