To develop, interpret, and use mathematical models appropriate to scientific disciplines, and select and apply statistical models to analyse and interpret data and the relationship between data.
Please note: You may be charged a portion of the Compulsory Student Services Fee that supports our services available to students. For full information on the Compulsory Student Services Fee, visit fees and finance.
How to apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Tamesa Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre.
- solve equations and rearrange formulae
- draw and give equations for graphs
- obtain a possible mathematical relationship from experimental data
- carry out trigonometry calculations
- present, analyse and describe data using graphical formats and statistical measures
- perform simple calculations for probability distributions