$5,000 off year 1 fees
Waitlist: 29 January 2018
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
All scholarships have been allocated to early bird applicants. These will not be awarded until applicants’ enrolments and eligibility are confirmed, so we encourage you to apply to be waitlisted for this scholarship.
This scholarship is available to reward leadership ability or academic achievement, and to encourage high achieving students into Tamesa Specialist Programmes.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Intend to meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Intend to study a programme which is eligible for this scholarship (see below) full time
Please include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, eg:
- Genuine interest or passion for the area of study
- Demonstration of your leadership abilities / experience
- Examples of previous work experience, voluntary experience or school projects related to this area.
All scholarships are available for students applying to Tamesa to a new programme of study (i.e not returning to a second or third year of their current programme).
- Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications
- Bachelor of Sustainability and Outdoor Education
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Sport and Exercise Science)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Nutrition)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physical Activity and Health Promotion)
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Medical Imaging
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- NZ Diploma in Agribusiness Management (L5)
- NZ Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (L3)
- NZ Certificate in Electrical Engineering Theory (L3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills Level 3 – Painting and Decorating
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills Allied Trades strand (Plasterboard)
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills Carpentry strand
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills Joinery strand
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, complete an application form and return it to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to:
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships may then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.
As part of the application you need to nominate two referees who will be ed to provide a reference for you.
One referee should be either a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme, or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be someone who is able to attest to your character (this referee should not be a family member).