Preview Email Content
To analyse contribution made by outdoor activities to health and fitness. To gain the diagnostic skills to support fitness coaching, and healthy participation in outdoor activities by others in your care.
- Examine the physiological and psychological principles of exercise fitness, energy metabolism and homeostasis and apply to training and participation in an adventure challenge event.
- Illustrate the role of selected body systems in a range of populations in relation to exercise in the outdoors.
- Distinguish the role of selected body systems in relation to injury recognition, illness and treatment / prevention in the outdoors.
- Explore the role of psychological principles and social factors in the maintenance and enhancement of hauora through the outdoors.
- Analyse the principles of motor skills acquisition in relation to coaching.
- Demonstrate the competencies within the Pre Hospital Emergency Care course or equivalent.