Preview Email Content
To provide students with an understanding of the characteristics and properties of common engineering materials and introduce elements of biology and chemistry relevant to mechanical and process engineering.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic materials science chemistry
- Describe and test properties of materials used in mechanical engineering
- Describe and specify methods to change engineering material properties
- Determine and apply selection criteria for engineering materials
- Identify likely causes of material failure