To enable students to integrate and apply theory safely and accurately to clinical practice and demonstrate professionalism and effective patient care to Mastery Level Two.
- Apply the correct positioning for routine x-ray examinations and critically evaluate resulting images.
- Apply knowledge of physics and radiographic equipment to a medical imaging context.
- Apply knowledge of radiation protection and radiobiology to a medical imaging context.
- Apply knowledge of the anatomy, physiology and common pathologies of the human body to patient clinical presentations.
- Communicate effectively with patients, peers, colleagues and hospital staff.
- Demonstrate effective hospital practice and patient care within a professional, cultural and ethical framework.