To enable students to gain an understanding of the ethical and professional responsibilities of the MRT and to develop communication and patient care skills required for safe and effective hospital practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare systems and describe administrative, safety and emergency procedures in a Medical Imaging context.
- Describe the ethical and legal responsibilities of the MRT.
- Explain the significance of the Treaty of Waitangi and multi-culturalism to Medical Imaging.
- Use effective communication strategies when interacting with patients, peers, colleagues and hospital staff.
- Identify and discuss factors affecting the MRT and patient relationship.
- Reflect on their own performance in a clinical environment.