To enable students to develop competence in using Japanese in everyday social situations and linguistically undemanding work situations. (CEFR A2)
- Communicate with a native speaker on topics relating to self, family and everyday life with emerging fluency and accuracy.
- Apply strategies to identify and negotiate meaning and/or seek clarification from selected situations through oral communication in Japanese.
- Participate in extended oral interaction in contexts of immediate relevance.
- Write comprehensible, connected texts on topics of immediate relevance using a range of text types.
- Read and understand written texts on a topic of immediate relevance.
- Identify and use appropriate social register in selected contexts.
- Use foundational language skills to develop knowledge of the Japanese language independently.