To gain a recognised national award.
- Demonstrate personal competence and basic knowledge applicable to each national award.
- Demonstrate rescue skills as they apply to each national award.
- Prepare an introductory outdoor recreation / education experiences that are consistent with accepted and current safety management practices, demonstrating effective safety management at all times.
- Demonstrate how to select and fit equipment to participants.
- Demonstrate an ability to lead and instruct a group (3-10 participants) that ensures a positive and well managed introductory experience.
- Provide basic interpretation knowledge of the environment to be visited.
- Interpret weather information and be able to discuss the impact this may have on an outdoor recreation / education experience.