To gain and enhance the skills necessary to be a competent role model for an intermediate cilent group. To be able to provide leadership with intermediate groups in outdoor environments. To interpret the cultural and environment with in Aotearoa NZ.
- Perform efficient technical skills which would be suitable visual images for an intermediate participant to learn from.
- Analyse the components of safe, efficient techniques and present those concepts to others.
- Demonstrate rescue techniques.
- Develop instructor skills and knowledge.
- Evaluate incidents and injuries and determine effective course of action for prevention and the crisis management.
- Analyse the conflicting ethical, cultural, environmental and resource factors relating to kayaking and kayak instruction.
- Research the cultural and environmental attributes of an area and enhance the knowledge of others through environmental interpretation.
- Examine and demonstrate attitudes, motivation, self-discipline, and organisational ability required of trainee professional outdoor educator.