Develop the skills necessary to recognise and take account of critical avalanche information relating to personal and group safety in a backcountry situation.
- Recognise and describe the key factors contributing to dangerous avalanche conditions (i.e. weather, snowpack, terrain).
- Evaluate snow stability in a given situation.
- Demonstrate safe travel practices (including effective group management) in avalanche terrain.
- Demonstrate self sufficient back country rescue.
- Access information relevant to making decisions relating to avalanche conditions.
- Examine and demonstrate attitudes, motivation, self-discipline, and organisational ability required of trainee professional outdoor educator.