To explore the social context of Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Examine current trends in population growth and predict the social and cultural impacts of such growth on identity.
- Appraise a range of environmental philosophies in relation to different social and cultural groupings in Aotearoa NZ.
- Explore understanding and meaning of the Treaty of Waitangi in contemporary and future Aotearoa NZ.
- Discuss local Maori and colonial histories that underpin dominant society in contemporary Aotearoa NZ.
- Review and discuss the relationship between nation and nature in Aotearoa NZ.
- Explore how tourism and adventure have shaped national identity.