This course will focus on trenching, shoring, traps and pipework to complete this subject area. Trenching and shoring to ensure correct procedures will include the installation of trade waste interceptor traps and foul water pipework. The project will be installed and commissioned independently.
- Determine the position of the trench.
- Remove the surface material.
- Excavate the spoil and identify stable sub-base.
- Shore the excavation.
- Explain excavation dewatering.
- Carry out backfilling and clear the site.
- Demonstrate Notifiable Work procedures for excavation and trenching.
- Work safely and with care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements, selection of methods and materials, and underpinning concepts and principles, as applied to excavation and trenching for plumbing, gasfitting, or drainlaying.
- Install and secure foulwater systems.
- Maintain foulwater systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements, selection of methods and materials, and underpinning concepts and principles, as applied to insulation, securing, and maintenance of foulwater systems.