To enable students:
- to develop and apply a range of academic, study and self management skills for tertiary study.
- to develop and apply the basics of correct English grammar and composition to produce accurate writing.
- Demonstrate fundamental skills in punctuation, spelling and appropriate English usage (vocabulary and grammar).
- Apply essential grammatical terminology (including identifying parts of speech, and simple, complex and compound sentences).
- Produce written examples of basic summarizing and paraphrasing.
- Produce basic notes from written and oral texts.
- Produce structured paragraphs and a short word processed essay.
- Present ideas and information orally in a clear and organised fashion.
- Identify strategies for successful learning including time and stress management.