To enable Registered Nurses to further develop their knowledge and practice in leg ulcer assessment.
- apply knowledge of the physiology of leg ulceration.
- use theoretical knowledge in the assessment of leg ulcers.
- document how to analyse a client's history and undertake the relevant physical examination to determine appropriate leg ulcer management strategies
- critically evaluate wound assessment practices and technologies
- critically evaluate history and examination findings to make judgments re nursing intervention or referral
- critique guidelines for best practice for leg ulcer management