To enable Registered Nurses to further develop their knowledge and facilitation skills in responding effectively to the needs of clients with impairments/disabilities.
- apply knowledge of principles of adult teaching and learning.
- understand the role of an educator in the clinical practice setting.
- identify learning needs for nurses and health care workers.
- evaluate learning opportunities within the clinical environment.
- apply a range of teaching strategies to a clinical practice situation.
- use a range of evaluation techniques and assessment processes for providing feedback to nurses and health care workers in relation to their clinical practice.
- use a range of evaluation processes and determine the effectiveness of these processes to their teaching.
- critically evaluate literature, research and/or evidence concerning the clinical practice setting.