To enable Registered Nurses to further develop their knowledge of cancer treatment modalities and the nursing management of cancer related problems.
- examine the treatment modalities and the relationship of these modalities to the patient's cancer process
- critique understandings of 'complementary' therapies in relationship to 'orthodox' treatments
- apply pharmacological interventions in symptom management of the person with cancer.
- determine the principles of palliative care
- critique the nursing management of common cancer related complications
- apply knowledge of key factors in the management of oncology emergencies.