Study spaces and computer facilities are available throughout our City campus library and are available during library opening hours.
Quiet study areas
City campus library: located on level 2 of the library and in the Waimakariri (L215) room near the elevators.
Timaru campus library: located in TA218 in the library.
City campus: located on level 1 of the library
- L122 The Gateway - 12 computers
- L130 The Pod - 39 computers, 1 printer/copier/scanner and 1 flatbed scanner (24 hours access)
- L131 - 16 computers
Timaru campus: located in the library
- TA218 - 6 computers
Group study rooms
These rooms can be booked for:
- groups of 2 or more
- up to 3 weeks in advance
- a maximum of 2 hours per day per group
- a maximum of 3 bookings per week per group (= 6 hours per week)
City campus: Group study rooms are located on level 2 of the library
- L209 Rakahuri (Ashley) - capacity 6
- L210 Waiau - capacity 8
- L211 Waikirikiri (Selwyn) - capacity 6
- L213 Ōtākaro (Avon) - capacity 4
- L214 Ōpāwaho (Heathcote) - capacity 4
- L220 Hurunui - capacity 4
- L225 Waitaki - capacity 8 - has big screen and computer access.
- L226 Rangitata - capacity 8 - has big screen and computer access.
Timaru campus: Group study rooms are located in the library
- TA217 - capacity 4
- TA219 - capacity 4
All rooms are equipped with whiteboards. Whiteboard markers and laptops can be borrowed at the library service desk.
Booking a group study room
You can book a group study room by:
- visiting the Library service desk at either the City or Timaru libraries (see our opening hours)
- phoning Learning services at (03) 940 8089 or 0800 24 24 76 and ask for Learning services.