If you have a disability or health condition which impacts on your study, visit Disability Services in the Library to make an appointment or us by phone or email.
Please provide the following documentation at the time of your appointment:
- A report from an appropriate professional which gives relevant information about your disability or health condition and describes how this may impact on your study.
- Information related to your programme of study: e.g. your timetable.
Contact us if you have any questions about this documentation.
During your appointment:
- You will meet with one of the Disability Services team to discuss your needs in the context of your course requirements.
- We will develop an individual access plan with you which describes your needs and the support arrangements to be put in place. This document is also a way to give your tutors relevant information so they will have a better understanding of your needs.
Temporary impairment (injury or significant illness of less than six months duration)
Visit, phone or email Disability Services to make an appointment.
Remember to bring a medical certificate that should include:
- the nature of your injury or illness
- how this impacts on your study
- the likely duration of your impairment
Disability Services may be able to provide some support, such as:
- free photocopying of another student's notes
- loan of a digital voice recorder
- exam support arrangements
- You decide what disability-related or health information to discuss with a Disability Services student advisor.
- Understanding your needs more fully helps us put in place appropriate and helpful arrangements.
- Information about your needs is only shared with academic and support staff who are directly involved in your education.
- We will discuss with you what information will be shared. If you have any concerns about privacy and confidentiality, then please talk with us.
- Give clear information about your needs to Disability Services staff. Let us know if your needs are not being met or if they change over time.
- Give as much notice as possible if you need arrangements such as: notetaking, exam arrangements, course material formatting, NZSL interpreter.
- Let us know if you change your courses or withdraw.