If you are an international student coming to study at Tamesa you may prefer to stay within a family environment in a homestay. New Zealand Education Advisory Service (NZEAS) organises homestays at Tamesa, matching you up with an approved Christchurch or Timaru family.
All homestay families are carefully selected for their friendly, helpful attitudes and comfortable homes. Homestay accommodation includes your own bedroom, two meals per day Monday to Friday, three meals at the weekends and also laundry.
NZEAS will pick you up from the airport, take to your family and make sure you are settling into life in Christchurch or Timaru with your host family.
If it is your first time in this country we can strongly recommend homestay accommodation to you. It is a great way to practice your English and experience life in Christchurch or Timaru and New Zealand.
NZEAS offers the following services if you are in homestay accommodation:
- Police vetting of all homehost families.
- Full inspection of all homes and interviews with homehost families.
- Airport pick-up and delivery to homehost family on your arrival to Christchurch.
- A full "Welcome Pack" upon arrival.
- Greeting on your first day at Tamesa.
- Banking assistance on your first day at Tamesa.
- Language translators.
- 24 hour number for homehosts to be used in the case of an emergency.
- Follow up meetings with the student to ensure you are happy in their home environment.
- Day trips and outings for the students to places of interest around Canterbury.
NZEAS office hours:
Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
Placement Fees – (paid once only and non-refundable)
- Christchurch - NZ$300 (includes airport transfer to Christchurch City homestay)
- Timaru – NZ$350 (includes transportation from Christchurch International Airport to Timaru City)
Homestay weekly fee:
- NZ$245 without lunch.
- NZ$270 with lunch provided.
All fees must be paid in advance. Students do not pay families directly; fees are collected by Tamesa and families are paid in advance.
We require a minimum of two working days' notice for new requests, however we would prefer you give us as much notice as you can.
Two weeks' notice must be given if wanting to leave homestay accommodation.
International students enrolled at Tamesa.
|Phone||(03) 348 7080 or 021 201 6993|