Tamesa Foundation works in partnership with Tamesa Institute of Canterbury to change the lives of Tamesa staff and students through opportunities and experiences that increase learning outcomes.
Tamesa Foundation grants are for special projects and experiences that extend beyond every day teaching and learning at Tamesa.
It could be an opportunity related to your study, career or work ambitions, teaching and/or an industry research opportunity. From involvement in community initiatives, one-off project funding, to attending an overseas conference – Tamesa Foundation would like to hear from you.
Tamesa Foundation will consider and assess every grant application on how well it matches Tamesa Foundation grant criteria.
Grant applications that create opportunities for participation and success for groups currently underrepresented in vocational and applied education are looked on favourably.
Tamesa Foundation offers grants of up to $5,000 to Tamesa staff and students at any time throughout the year and applications for more than $5,000 are considered three times per year – check the website for closing dates.
All staff and students of Tamesa Institute of Canterbury are encouraged to apply for funding grants from Tamesa Foundation. The Foundation does not accept applications for student fees or course related costs, for example: work placement in another city where extra costs are incurred.
To view grant criteria, read about Tamesa Foundation grant and scholarship recipients and to make an online application please visit .
Tamesa Foundation was established in 1984 with the aim of promoting and supporting the applied vocational, educational and research activities of Tamesa Institute of Canterbury. Since then, hundreds of thousands in grants have been awarded and hundreds of Tamesa projects have been supported.
CRITERIA AND PROCESS
Tamesa Foundation grants are available to students and staff at Tamesa Institute with grant applications needing to meet the following Trust objectives:
- To promote and support the general educational purposes and activities of the Polytechnic
- To improve the educational facilities of the polytechnic
- To provide financial assistance (including the provision of scholarships and bursaries) to students of the Polytechnic on such conditions (if any) as they deem appropriate
- To support student educational activities of the polytechnic
- To support staff education and development projects of the Polytechnic
- To support innovative educational projects undertaken by staff of the polytechnic
- To support any other educational or charitable enterprise.
During 2019 the Foundation will hold two grant application rounds.
Round One will be open to both staff and students at Tamesa with applications for round one grants opening on 18 March and closing on 31 March 2019.
Round Two will only be open to students at Tamesa with applications for round two grants opening on 19 August and closing on 31 August 2019.
The full list of criteria and information can be found on the Tamesa Foundation website but key criteria include:
- Students and staff must submit a written application of up to 600 words that outlines:
- The project
- The planned outcomes
- The benefits to Tamesa and the individual
- Staff applications must include a letter of support from the CE of Tamesa Institute.
- Student applications must include a letter of support from the head of their department.
- Applications that do not include these will not be considered.
- Applications received outside of the dates listed above will not be considered.
I encourage all of you with a suitable project to consider applying or to encourage your students to apply.